The Church of San Lorenzo is located in Manarola, in the hilly side of the village, and it dates back to the 14th century (the construction works started in 1338, as evidenced by a tombstone engraving). The church was built as a result of the population growth, a time when Manarola was thriving on the wine production and commerce. The entrance to this medieval church is overtopped by an impressive rosary window (completed in 1375), and one of the inner highlights refers to the triptych which represents Madonna with the Child and Saints (this triptych decorates the main altar).

Most of the decorative works of the church, both inside and outside, have been carried out by local artists. The Church of San Lorenzo is one of the main tourist sights in Manarola.

Name:
Church of San Lorenzo (Chiesa di San Lorenzo)
Address:
Manarola, Italy

Manarola, Italy

Go to top